Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Job Lovers Club

The Job Lovers Club
The important thing is not how much money you make from your job but how much you love your job. Greg, here, is a pilot. And Greg, how do you like your job?

I love flying. When I'm soaring through the air I feel about thirty thousand feet away from my problems.

Problems? What sort of problems?

Oh, you know: having an empty fridge, falling behind in my rent, never having a clean uniform...

But you forget all about it when you're flying. That's great. And Wilma, does your job in the daycare centre offer you an escape from your problems?

Sometimes.

When?

Whenever I can trick one or two of the children into handing over their pocket money. Then I can go to the store and buy a soft drink.

Good thinking! I'm glad you're able to find a way to love your job. And Felix is a musician, which is a little suspicious. Felix, how can we be sure that you're not in music for the enormous paycheques?

I haven't made a cent from my music in my entire life.

But you've been at it a long time. Why haven't you been paid yet?

I can't afford the stadium rental fee. And I can't afford to pay the crowd.

But does your music offer an escape from your suffering?

It sure does. As long as I keep going like this, I should be dead by next week.

That's too bad.

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll make another comeback.
  
More Scripts Statements Songs
© 2007, 2013. Scripts by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment